Bob's Red Mill Xanthan Gum 8 oz
Bobs Red Mill Premium Quality Xanthan Gum is the perfect ingredient for Gluten Free Baking, as it acts as both an emulsifier & a binder, adding volume to Gluten Free Breads, Biscuits, Cookies & Cakes, as well as other baked goods.
Bob's Red Mill Xanthan Gum plays the crucial role of imitating gluten (in baking, gluten is what makes dough doughy), giving dough elasticity and viscosity. These properties help to hold such things as a cookie together during the time it bakes on a sheet in the oven, and enables cakes and Bread to hold onto the gas bubbles that form inside them - this allows them to rise and take shape.
- 227g (8oz).
- Suitable for vegans & vegetarians.
- The perfect ingredient for gluten free baking.
- A plant-based thickening and stabilizing agent.
- Certified Kosher by OK Kosher Certification of Brooklyn, New York.
- Keto-Friendly - this product is suitable for the high-fat, low-carbohydrate ketogenic diet.
- Gluten free - this product was handled exclusively in a dedicated gluten free facility & tested for gluten free integrity in our quality control laboratory using an ELISA Gluten Assay test.
What is Xanthan Gum?
Xanthan Gum is a plant-based thickening and stabilizing agent. It is named for the bacteria, Xanthomonas campestris, which is allowed to ferment on a Sugar. The result is a gel that is then dried and milled to create the powder substance.
Xanthan gum works as an emulsifier, encouraging liquids that normally don't like one another to mix together. It also works as thickener, increasing the viscosity of liquids and batters.