Lamberts Riboflavin Capsules contain high quality Riboflavin, which is involved in the conversion of protein, fats and carbohydrates in to fuel. Also identified as vitamin B2, riboflavin is a water soluble vitamin that must be obtained from the diet. Rich sources of riboflavin are found in milk, cheese, beef, eggs and whole grain cereals.
- 100 Capsules.
- Contains 50mg of high quality riboflavin.
- Maintains normal vision and healthy Skin.
- Aids the reduction of tiredness and Fatigue.
- Helps in the maintenance of normal red blood cells.
- Maintains the normal functioning of the nervous system.
- Assists in fuel conversion of protein, fats and carbohydrates.
This is a high strength supplement of vitamin B2 provides a full 50mg of riboflavin. And as with all Lamberts Supplements, Lamberts Riboflavin Capsules have been manufactured in premises that operate to stringent pharmaceutical standards of GMP.
What is Riboflavin?
Riboflavin, also known as vitamin B2, was first identified in the 1930's. It is a water soluble vitamin that must be obtained from the diet, however 22% of women and 12% of men have riboflavin intakes below the Reference Nutrient Intakes (RNI's). People who are deficient in riboflavin often have cracks and sores in the corner of their mouths and itchy, watery eyes with increased sensitivity to sunlight.
What does Riboflavin do?
Riboflavin has been suggested for treatment of migraine, carpal tunnel syndrome, muscle cramps and a variety of skin disorders but data and evidence is, as yet minimal. It is also thought to help with maintaining healthy eyes and minimising risk of cataracts developing.
Riboflavin also helps to repair and maintain soft tissue and is involved in the manufacture of red blood cells. The production process of both Immune System cells and the thyroid hormone, also rely on the presence of riboflavin.
Riboflavin is closely involved in the production process of antioxidant compounds, which protect the body's cells from the damaging effects of free radicals. For this reason alone it is believed that riboflavin is important in the maintenance of healthy Eyes.
Riboflavin is a very important nutrient as it contributes to:
- The maintenance of normal skin.
- The maintenance of normal vision.
- The reduction of tiredness and fatigue.
- The maintenance of normal red blood cells.
- The normal functioning of the nervous system.
Directions of Use
Take 1 to 2 Lamberts Riboflavin 50mg 100 Capsules daily with a meal, or as directed by a practitioner or pharmacist.
Disintegration Time: Less than 30 minutes.
- Keep away from children.
- Do not take if pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- Food supplements should not be a substitute for varied diet.
- Taking Lamberts Riboflavin may occasionally result in a darker yellow collouration of the urine. This is harmless and indicates the body is using riboflavin effectively. An increase in daily fluid will bring the urine back to the normal colour.
Lamberts Riboflavin 50mg Capsules should be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
A yellow powder in a clear hard shell capsule.
Each capsule delivers:
Riboflavin (Vitamin B2) 50mg
Cellulose Capsule Shell (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose) Silicon Dioxide Magnesium Stearate.
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.