Clearspring Organic Virgin Coconut Oil 400g contains freshly peeled, shredded and filtered coconuts, which are raw and unpasteurised as well as free from cholesterol. This highly nutritious, fully flavoured oil is rich in vitamins, minerals & fibre, and provides many health benefits beyond its nutritional content. For this reason, coconut oil is classified as a "functional food" which can be both consumed or applied topically.
- Highly nutritious, with 100% coconut.
- Reduces the health risks connected with diabetes.
- When applied topically, will help to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection.
- Lower in calories than all other fats & promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.
- Softens skin & helps relieve dryness + flaking.
- Boosts energy & endurance, enhancing physical + athletic performance.
- Improves digestion & the cholesterol ratio, reducing the risk of heart disease.
Modern medical science confirms the use of coconut in treating various medical conditions, and that in one form or another, may provide a wide range of health benefits. Clearspring Organic Virgin Coconut Oil is also available in a smaller 200g jar variation.
Coconut oil is now recognised for possessing healing properties far beyond that of any other dietary oil. It is extensively used in traditional medicine among Asian and Pacific populations, where Pacific Islanders consider it to be the cure for all illness. In fact, the coconut palm is so highly valued within these populations as both a source of food and medicine, that they call it the "The Tree of Life."
- Directions of use
Apply Clearspring Organic Virgin Coconut Oil topically, to help form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection or to relieve the symptoms of dryness & flaking.
You can also use Coconut Oil in pretty much any recipe that includes a fat. It is a very heat-stable substance, which makes it suited to methods of cooking at high temperatures like deep and pan frying. Coconut Oil has a slightly nutty and sweet flavour, which can be used in a variety of recipes that include:
- Baking, such as muffins, pancakes & scones.
- In casseroles & stews.
- On vegetables before BBQ-ing or brush potatoes & pumpkin for oven roasting.
- Pan frying, to brown onions & garlic.
- For good old fashioned popcorn.
- In classic Asian dishes such as curries & thai soups.
Coconut oil* (100%) * Organically grown
Orders under £50:
Royal Mail: £3.49 delivery within 1-3 working days from dispatch.
Orders over £50:
Free delivery within 1-3 working days from dispatch.
UK delivery charges are charged at a flat rate. This means regardless of what you order, they will not increase. Standard UK £3.49 delivery is sent using the Royal Mail Standard service and your order will be delivered within 1-3 days. We use UK Mail and Royal Mail Tracked for our next day delivery service and this will require a signature upon delivery. Free UK delivery is sent either by Royal Mail Tracked or via UK Mail. For international deliveries please check our page.