Gluten Free Irish Inspired Soda Bread Buns
Enjoy these delicious treats warm from the oven, their wondefull simple goodness will satisfy the wee bit of Irish soul in everyone.
Serves: 12 rolls.
- 1 cup sorghum flour.
- 1/2 cup almond flour.
- 1/2 cup potato starch (not potato flour).
- 1/2 cup brown sugar.
- 1 teaspoon baking powder.
- 1 teaspoon baking soda.
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum.
- 1 teaspoon fine sea salt.
- 2 large organic free-range eggs, beaten.
- 1/3 cup oil.
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk.
- 1 tablespoon Gluten Free Mayonnaise.
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract.
- 1 cup organic raisins or currants.
- Preheat the oven to 375º. Grease a 12-muffin pan, or line with paper liners.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, almond flour, potato starch, baking powder, baking soda, xanthan gum and sea salt.
- Add in the eggs, oil, non-dairy milk, Vegenaise and almond extract. Beat until you achieve a smooth, stretchy batter- about two minutes.
- Stir in the raisins (or currants) by hand.
- Spoon the batter into twelve muffin cups. Smooth out tops with a quick swirl, using two wet fingers.
- Bake in the center of a hot oven for 22 minutes until the tops are domed and golden, and firm to a light touch.
- Serve warm.
- Soda style breads and rolls are always best fresh baked. Wrap, bag and freeze leftovers for preserving optimum texture.