The Wonderful Benefits of Essential Oils
Essential Oils are concentrated plant material obtained from roots, bark, flowers and seeds and have been used for thousands of years for medicinal and health purposes as many contain antioxidants or have antimicrobial properties with few side effects. One or more oils can be blended to produce powerful combinations.
Many have a lovely aroma and can be burned to fragrance your house or used in a type of massage called aromatherapy to combine the therapeutic touch with the senses to enhance health, ease symptoms and balance the mind, body and spirit.
There are many other uses for Essential Oils and we are listing a few below :
- Fragrance your home with a burner/diffuser – using 6-10 drops of your favourite oil.
- Blend up to 18 drops of Essential Oils with 30ml of any carrier oil for an all over body massage and moisturise.
- Clear your head or a stuffed up nose with an inhalation using 4-5 drops in very hot water or a few drops on a handkerchief or tissue.
- Add 6-10 drops to your bath with or without a carrier oil.
- Consider making your own toiletries adding oils to organic base products.
- Lavender in the bedroom helps to promote a calm and restful sleep – just a few drops on your pillowcase will make all the difference.
- Clove oil in your wardrobe will repel moths and combined with peppermint oil in a bucket of hot water for floor washing will minimise presence of spiders and creepie crawlies ! Citronella also wards off most bugs and insects.
- Tea Tree Oil is good for treating minor bacterial and fungal skin infections. There is also some evidence it plays a part in warding off MRSA infections often contracted whilst in hospital.
- Lavender Oil also has a calming effect on minor skin irritations and is thought to speed up the healing process.
- Eucalyptus is commonly known for decongestant, beneficial for the cold & flu season, clearing the mind & energizing.
These are just a few of the many uses for these beautiful products. Remember they are generally for topical use only and should not be ingested and women who are pregnant or breastfeeding should be cautious and seek advice before using.
Look at our range of oils and let us know how you use them !