Organic Your September – Eat, Drink, Use, Choose
What will be your small change this September?
The Soil Association are the UK’s leading Charity campaigning for healthy, humane and sustainable food, farming and land use. Look for their logo on products they have approved. We are dealing with climate changes and increasing population and the Soil Association want to ensure that organic systems ensure a durable and humane solution to the challenges faced.
During the month of September the Soil Association are asking people to join in the “Small changes, big differences” campaign. Even if you only replace one of your regular purchases with an organic alternative each month you will be doing your bit!
- Organic Food is produced using environmentally and animal friendly farming methods and is food you can trust as all organic farms and food companies are inspected at least once a year.
- Organic Farming recognises the connection between health and how the food we eat is produced. Artificial fertilisers are banned and farmers use crop rotation and use of compost and manure to maintain fertile soil. It is interesting to note that plant, insect and bird life is 50% more on organic farms!
- Organic animals enjoy the highest welfare standards, they are truly free range and enjoy plenty of space and access to fields so they are happy, healthy and reared without the routine use of antibiotics.
- Organic Textiles are based on materials grown on Organic Farms and manufactured without nasty chemicals reducing harm to local wildlife, animals and people.
- Organic Beauty Products contain maximum amounts of organic ingredients, very few synthetic additions, undergo minimal processing and are clearly labelled.
Natures Healthbox stock a wide range of organic products for you to try and we suggest a few ways you could start the process of becoming “organic”:
- Spread some Organic Beauty love!!
- Treat yourself to some organic chocolate
- Switch to organic tea bags
- Enjoy a mug of freshly brewed organic coffee
- Get some organic baby or toddler food for the little people in your life
- Put something organic in your lunch box.