Weleda Relaxing Oral Drops are great to help you relax after you have had a stressful day, the drops can be used as a daytime remedy to temporary relieve you from feeling nervous, irritated, restless and edgy. The drops are a natural and organic remedy that can be used before bed for a good nights sleep as well as helping you in the daytime.
- 100% natural ingredients.
- Traditional herbal remedy.
- Aids relaxation.
- Vegan friendly.
The fresh, above ground parts of avena sativa, oats, when in flower are widely used in herbal medicine. Oat's traditional use as a general nutritive and nerve restorative is well documented.
The active ingredient in these drops, is Avena Sativa, however it also includes:
- COFFEA TOSTA: The effects of coffee in material amounts represent the homoeopathic â€˜provingsâ€™ of the substance, effects such as increased intellectual receptivity, rapid combination of ideas and alteration of sleep patterns. Therefore coffee is used in Homoeopathy to treat sleeplessness due to nervous irritation, particularly where the mind is constantly reviewing past events and future plans. The Homeopathic potency of Coffee used in Avena sativa comp is a typical example of the idea of â€˜like curing likeâ€™.
- HUMULUS LUPULUS: The dried female flowers or cones of Hops. Introduced into Britain in the 16th Century, they were used in medicine as an aid to sleep and to calm nervous stomachs. Hop filled pillows are a traditional method in folk medicine for the treatment of sleep disorders.
- PASSIFLORA INCARNATA (Passion flower): so named because the corona in the centre of the flower resembles Christ's crown of thorns. The sedative properties of were first reported in the 1860's and it's use in insomnia was well established in the later part of the 19th Century.
- VALERIANA OFFICINALIS: has a long history of use for its calming properties in the treatment of various nervous disorders including states of hysteria, excitability and mild insomnia. During the World Wars Valerian was used to treat both shell-shock and â€˜bombing neurosisâ€™. Cats are driven into euphoric frenzy by the smell of valerian root, while the human response is one of sedation and relaxation.
- Adults and children over 12 years of age: 10 - 20 drops taken in water half an hour before retiring, repeat dose if necessary (unless otherwise directed).
- Children under 12 years or age: to be used under the guidance of a medical practitioner.
100ml contains: Avena sativa, Herba tincture 25ml/Humulus lupulus, Fructuarium IX 4ml/Passiflora incarnata, Herba tincture 7.5ml/Valeriana, Radix, ethanolic decoction tincture 30ml/Coffea tosta, ethanolic decoction 60X 15ml.
UK Postal Services:
UK delivery charges are charged at a flat rate. This means regardless of what you order, they will not increase. Standard UK £3.99 delivery is sent via Royal Mail and your order will be delivered within 2-3 days. Free UK delivery is sent either by Royal Mail or on a Courier Service.
Orders under £55:
Royal Mail: £3.99 delivery within 2-3 working days from dispatch.
Orders over £55:
Free delivery within 2-3 working days from dispatch.