Healthy Vegan Snacks
If you believe that finding healthy Snacks to fit a vegan diet can be challenging, then think again! At Natures Healthbox our selection of Vegan Snacks include countless combinations of plant-based foods that are healthy, satisfying, and cruelty-free. Whether you're on a strict vegan diet or are simply interested in reducing animal-derived products within your diet, you'll be sure to find something that tickles your tastebuds.
Which snacks are vegan friendly?
Contrary to disbelief, it’s far from slim pickings when it comes to vegan snacks that are free from meat, dairy and eggs. Despite there being nothing wrong with the hummus and carrot combination, there is a wide range of products to get excited for your snack time on a vegan diet (see below).
- Fruit & Nut Bars - Fruit & Nut Snack Bars are an easy on-the-go snack that can be very nutritious for vegans. For example, LARABAR offers protein rich snacks full of Iron and Potassium.
- Peanut Butter - This regular topper of toast is a versatile, animal-free ingredient, which can be used in a variety of vegan friendly recipes.
- Chocolate - Believe it or not, there are a wide range of Dairy Free and cruelty free chocolate options available, which are bound to make you drool! Vego Vegan Chocolate is a perfect example of this.
- Protein Snacks - Ideal for snacking on throughout the day, protein snacks maintain a vegans protein levels.
- Fava Beans - Fava beans, like the ones from Hodmedods, are full of protein and fibre, and have less than a third of the fat of roasted Nuts.
Why should I snack vegan?
Whether you're on a strict vegan diet or just looking to reduce your intake of animal-derived snacks, choosing to consume simple, on-the-go vegan snacks will notably increase your intake of certain nutrients. Studies also suggest that compared to regular snacking, 'vegan snacking' may help to lower blood sugar levels and excess Body weight too!