What is a Vegan Superfood?
Some foods are quite nutritious, some may have a relative low nutrient content, and then there are Superfoods, which contain ridiculously high amount of essential nutrients and Vitamins. Vegans may choose to add superfoods to their diet to dramatically increase their daily nutrient intake.
What types of vegan superfoods can I buy at Natures Healthbox?
You can add a wide variety of vegan friendly superfoods to your daily diet, thanks our extension selection below. Some of our most popular vegan superfoods include;
- Chia Seeds - are tiny black seeds from the Salvia hispanica plant, which grows in South America. Chia seeds are full of omega-3 fatty acids, and are rich in Antioxidants too.
- Spirulina - is a type of cyanobacteria that grows in both fresh and salt water. Often referred to as blue-green algae, spirulina has been consumed for centuries due to its high nutritional value & supposed health benefits.
- Maca - is a root vegetable grown in Peru, which is often incorporate in to smoothies. Maca is thought to improve Mood, increase Fertility, and fight harmful free-radicals.
- Goji Berries - are the fruit of Lycium barbarum, which grows across Asia. Immune supporting Goji berries are often used in relation to Eye health.
- Cacao Nibs - are a core ingredient of Raw Chocolate, and are full of natural caffeine-related stimulants, which provide a similar lift to Coffee without the jitters.
How do vegan superfoods benefit my body?
Not all superfoods are equal. Some are rich in Minerals such as Calcium and Iron, while others are rich in vitamins or contain protective phytochemicals from plant-based substances. Nevetheless, consuming superfoods means that will add a large dose of nutrients into your daily diet that may benefit your Body in various ways, from bone health to brain health to increased Energy.
There are no products matching the selection.