What supplements should a woman in her 50s take?
Solgar Formula VM-Prime for Women Tablets are an advanced multivitamin designed to provide nutrient levels that meet or exceed the nutritional requirements for women over fifty years of age.
- 90 Tablets.
- Sugar free.
- Gluten Free.
- Made in the USA.
- Supports brain health.
- An advanced multivitamin for women's health.
- Specifically designed for the nutritional needs of the 50+
- With 27 key active ingredients including choline, folic acid & vitamins B6 + B12.
50 can be fabulous...
It is recommended that people over the age of 50, in addition to a healthy and well-balanced diet, take a quality multivitamin. Solgar Formula VM-Prime for Women is that quality multivitamin, which provides optimum nutrition for women seeking to maintain adequate nutrient intake and prevent the onset or progression of disease. This unique supplement encourages women to look and feel healthy from the inside out.
Solgar VM-Prime Review
Why are women's supplements important?
Each stage of life (infancy, adolescence, adulthood &senescence) has unique nutritional requirements. Young and adult populations up to the 4th decade of life require nutrients to support growth, such as the "building" of Body tissues. By contrast, middle age and upwards is characterized by a decline in stature, loss of skeletal and muscle tissue, decreased nutrient intake and increased susceptibility to chronic disease. With this in mind, Solgar Formula VM-Prime for Women Tablets may support:
- Heart Health - Thiamin contributes to the normal function of the heart & Choline contributes to normal homocysteine metabolism.
- Skin, Hair & Nails -Biotin, Selenium, Vitamin C, Iodine, Copper and Zinc all contribute to the maintenance of normal hair, skin & nails.
- Collagen Formation - Vitamin C which contributes to normal collagen formation.
- Brain & Mind - Iron, iodine & zinc contribute to normal cognitive function.
- Hormonal Support - Iodine & vitamin B6 contributes to the normal production of thyroid hormones, normal thyroid function and to the regulation of hormonal activity.
- Low Mood & Esteem - Biotin, folate, Magnesium, niacin, thiamin, and Vitamins B6, B12 & C contribute to normal psychological function.
- Vision - Zinc & vitamin B2 contribute to the maintenance of normal vision.
- Teeth, Joints & Bones - Calcium, magnesium, Manganese, zinc and vitamins C, D & K is needed for the maintenance of normal bones.
- Energy & Vitality - Biotin, iron, magnesium and vitamin B1 contribute to normal energy-yielding metabolism.
- Fatigue - Folate, niacin and vitamins B2, B12, B6 & C which contribute to the reduction of tiredness.
- Immune Support - Copper, folate, iron, selenium, zinc & vitamins B12, B6, C + D contribute to the normal function of the Immune System.
- Digestion & Gut Health - Calcium which contributes to the normal function of digestive enzymes.
Adult women should take one Solgar Formula VM-Prime for Women Tablet three times a day, preferably with a main meal.
Calcium (as citrate, ascorbate), Bulking Agents: (microcrystalline cellulose, dicalcium phosphate, alginate, pea starch, dextrin, hydroxypropyl cellulose, modified food starch), Magnesium (as citrate, oxide), Vitamin C (as Ester-C®, calcium ascorbate), Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopheryl acid succinate), Citrus Bioflavonoid Complex, Anti-caking Agents (vegetable stearic acid, silicon dioxide, vegetable magnesium stearate), Cellulose Gum, Choline (as bitartrate), Glazing Agents: (hydroxypropylmethyl cellulose, vegetable glycerin (from palm kernel oil and coconut oil)), Pantothenic Acid (as D-pantothenate, calcium), Zinc (as picolinate), Colours: (purple carrot powder, titanium dioxide), Thiamin (vitamin B1, as thiamin mononitrate), Vitamin B6 (as pyridoxine HCl), Soybean Germ Powder† ([2%] Isoflavones), Inositol, Niacin (vitamin B3, as nicotinamide), Vitamin B2 (riboflavin), Manganese (as gluconate), Copper (as gluconate), Natural Source Beta-carotene, Lutein (from marigold flower), Chromium (as Chromax®, chromium picolinate), Boron (as boric acid), Vitamin B12 (as cyanocobalamin), Folate (as pteroylmonoglutamic acid), Selenium (as L-selenomethionine), D-biotin, Iodine (as potassium iodide), Molybdenum (as sodium molybdate), Vitamin K2 (contains soya and milk) (as menaquinone-7), Vitamin D3 (as cholecalciferol) (gelatin from bovine).
UK Postal Services:
UK delivery charges are charged at a flat rate. This means regardless of what you order, they will not increase. Standard UK £3.99 delivery is sent via Royal Mail and your order will be delivered within 2-3 days. Free UK delivery is sent either by Royal Mail a Courier.
Orders under £45:
Royal Mail : £3.99 delivery within 2-3 working days from dispatch.
Orders over £45:
Free delivery within 2-3 working days from dispatch.