Agnus Castus Tincture
A.Vogel Agnus Castus Chaste Tree Drops is a licensed herbal remedy which can be used to help relieve symptoms of PMS (premenstrual syndrome) such as menstrual cramps, breast tenderness, bloating, irritability and Mood swings.
- Cruelty free.
- A licensed herbal remedy.
- Tincture of Agnus castus berries or fruit.
- Each dose provides 500mg of extract equivalent to 50mg Agnus castus dried berries.
- For symptoms of PMS, menstrual cramps, breast tenderness, bloating, irritability & mood swings.
A.Vogel Agnus Castus Chaste Tree Drops can be taken long term, however, once improvements are felt then there may no longer be the need to continue â€“ you can always start to take it again should the improvements no longer be felt.
What is Agnus Castus?
Agnus Castus (Vitex Agnus Castus) is a shrub that grows in central Asia and Mediterranean countries. It grows up to 5m in height with delicate lavender or violet flowers but it's the fruit of the plant which is used medicinally. This use has been recorded since the time of Hippocrates. It was believed to be an anti-aphrodisiac, which explains some of the common names applied to Agnus castus including â€˜Chaste Treeâ€™, â€˜Monkâ€™s Pepperâ€™ and â€˜Chasteberryâ€™.
What is A.Vogel Agnus Castus?
A.Vogel Agnus Castus is a licensed herbal remedy intended for use by women suffering symptoms of PMS. Each ml of oral liquid contains 895mg of tincture and is an extract of the fruit of Agnus Castus (Vitex agnus-castus L.) (1:10). Ethanol 69.5% V/V.
How does Agnus Castus help with PMS & its associated symptoms?
A.Vogel Agnus Castus works to balance the hormone levels as it helps to increase progesterone, thus thwarting the oestrogen dominance thatâ€™s contributing to the monthly PMS miseries experienced by so many women. Agnus Castus needs to be taken every day of the month, and it may take up to three months to reach its full effect. However, if you think about it, thatâ€™s only three cycles and fortunately, the majority of women notice improvements within 1-2 cycles.
Can a woman on the Pill take Agnus Castus?
No. A.Vogel Agnus Castus cannot be used alongside any other hormone-balancing products, such as the Pill or the Mirena coil, for example. The reason for the contraindications is that contraceptives work by deliberately creating in imbalance in your hormones. Agnus Castus will most likely rebalance them and in doing so, will prevent the medication from working.
Directions of Use
Women experiencing premenstrual symptoms should take 15 to 20 A.Vogel Agnus Castus Chaste Tree Drops in a little Mineral Water twice daily. Taking the maximum daily dose, you get 1,000 mg of Agnus castus extract, equivalent to 100mg dried berries.
- Do not take more than 40 drops a day.
- Do not use if you have a pituitary gland disorder.
- Not for use in children or those under 18 years of age.
- The effects of this product may not be felt immediately.
- Do not use if pregnant, breast-feeding or on hormonal contraceptives including the pill, implant, injection or the Mirena coil.
- See your doctor before taking A. Vogel Agnus Castus if you are suffering from an oestrogen-sensitive cancer, have suffered from a pituitary disorder or are taking dopamine agonists, or antagonists, oestrogens (such as hormonal contraceptives) or anti-oestrogens.
Each ml of oral liquid contains 895mg of tincture and is an extract of the fruit of Agnus castus (Vitex agnus-castus L.) (1:10). Ethanol 69.5% V/V.