Lamberts Florisene is a clinically-relevant Iron supplementation programme, consisting of highly absorbable form of iron and a significant level of the essential amino acid L-lysine, plus two other known iron-synergists, Vitamin C & vitamin B12. Recent studies have revealed that low level of L-lysine intake may eexacerbate a reduced ferritin level and that for some women, ferritin levels will not improve without supplementary L-lysine.
- 90 tablets.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- Contains a highly absorbable form of iron
- Includes the essential amino acid L-lysine.
- Shown to help women with Chronic Telogen Effluvium (CTE).
- Contains Biotin & Selenium which contribute to the maintenance of normal Hair.
- Developed by one of Britain's leading hair specialists, following 10 years of clinical research.
Also available in a larger 270 tablet size:
How does Lamberts Florisene work?
Lamberts Florisene for Women Tablets have been shown to help women with Chronic Telogen Effluvium (CTE), the term used to describe excessive, persistent, but reversible hair shedding. CTE affects up to 4.8 million women in the UK and Lamberts Florisene appears to be the cost-effective answer for anyone with this problem.
What causes hair loss in women?
To the health professional, Hair Loss in women may seem a complex area requiring specialist knowledge for diagnosis purposes. Whilst this is true from a small proportion of cases, 95% of hair loss cases can be divided into just two aetiological types: genetic hair loss (20%) and CTE (80%). Research involving hundreds of women has shown that the major cause of CTE is low serum ferritin. This reflects the amount of 'storage' iron in the Body. When serum ferritin falls below a certain point which, varies to a degree between individuals, the hair growth cycle is disrupted and hair shedding results.
For some women, this results in gradual hair loss - the end result to the sufferer being a 'thinner' ponytail or less hair to clip back. In others, the hair loss is very obvious with more hair in the brush and in the sink after shampooing. Low serum ferritin in women is now a widespread problem due, to reduced red meat consumption and menstrual blood loss in women of reproductive age. A low serum ferritin does not necessarily mean the patient is anaemic (i.e. reduced haemoglobin level), CTE may occur without changes to haemoglobin concentration.
Research has shown that if the serum ferritin is raised above the individual's 'trigger point', then normal hair growth re-establishes. The studies have supported this fact have also identified the importance of using a specific combination of nutrients which are present in Lamberts Florisene.
Take 1 Florisene Tablet 3 times daily for the first 6 months. Thereafter, for maintenance purposes, take 1 to 2 tablets daily. However for those who have heavy periods or who eat little or no red meat, then 2 tablets may be required.
Lamberts Florisene Tablets should be taken with water half to one hour before food or on an empty stomach. It is best to avoid drinks containing milk, or tea and coffee within an hour of taking Lamberts Florisene as these drinks affect absorption of the nutrients.
Disintegration Time: Less than 1 hour.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- Do not take Lamberts Florisene if you are taking oral antibiotics.
- Do not take any other supplements containing iron, whilst taking Lamberts Florisene.
- The amount of iron contained in Lamberts Florisene, may cause mild stomach upset in sensitive individuals.
- This product contains iron, which if taken in excess, may be harmful to young children. keep out of sight and reach.
- Lamberts Florisene should not be taken within two hours of taking any medication, including indigestion remedies.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning a pregnancy or breast feeding, before taking Lamberts Florisene.
Lamberts Florisene Tablets should be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
A red oval coated tablet.
Each tablet delivers:
Vitamin C 24mg, Vitamin B12 3µg, Iron (as ferrous fumarate) 20mg, L-Lysine 500mg, Biotin 50µg, Selenium 10µg.
Calcium Carbonate, Cellulose, Tablet Coating (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose, Acetylated Monoglycerides, Colours: Iron Oxide & Titanium Dioxide), Anti-caking Agents (Silicon Dioxide & Magnesium Stearate), Crosslinked Cellulose Gum & Stearic Acid.
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
UK Postal Services:
UK delivery charges are charged at a flat rate. This means regardless of what you order, they will not increase. Standard UK £4.49 delivery is sent via Royal Mail and your order will be delivered within 2-3 days. Free UK delivery is sent either by Royal Mail a Courier.
Orders under £65:
Royal Mail : £4.49 delivery within 2-3 working days from dispatch.
Orders over £65:
Free delivery within 2-3 working days from dispatch.