Lamberts Digestizyme 100 Capsules
Lamberts Digestizyme 100 Caps
Lamberts Digestizyme 100 Capsules provide a broad spectrum of plant-sourced enzymes, which digest fat, protein and carbohydrate and is one of the most UK based popular products of its type. Digestive enzymes are secreted into the digestive tract to break down Food matter into its component nutrients. These can then be absorbed across the gut wall into the bloodstream.
If this enzyme system does not work effectively, optimal health cannot be maintained because of the failure to absorb the Other Nutrients required. Also, undigested food passing into the large intestine will be fermented by the resident bacteria, causing flatulence, bloating and diarrhoea.
- 100 Capsules.
- Suitable for vegetarians.
- Easily absorbed into the bloodstream.
- Aids the digestion of fat, protein and carbohydrates.
- Provides a broad spectrum of plant-sourced enzymes.
- One of the most popular products of its type in the UK.
- Makes a useful contribution to the overall working of the digestion process.
The body's natural production of enzymes declines with age and it is recognised that during illness enzyme production can also be significantly reduced. With this in mind, a supplement, such as Lamberts Digestizyme, can provide adequate digestive enzymes that may positively infulence the smooth workings of the Digestion process.
What do Digestive Enzymes do?
Digestive enzymes break down polymeric macromolecules into smaller building blocks, which facilitate their absorption by the human body. They are found in the body's digestive tracts, where they aid in the digestion of food, as well as inside cells, where they help to maintain their regular function. Digestive enzymes are diverse and are found in:
- Salivary glands: Complex food substances that are consumed by the body, must be broken down into simple, soluble, and diffusible substances before they can be absorbed. In the oral cavity, salivary glands secrete an array of enzymes and substances that aid in digestion and disinfection.
- Stomach: Enzymes secreted in the stomach are called gastric enzymes. The stomach plays an important role in digestion, both in a mechanical sense by mixing and crushing the food, and also in an enzymatic sense, by digesting it.
- Pancreas: Is both an endocrine and an exocrine gland, because it produces endocrinic hormones released into the circulatory system (such as insulin), to control glucose metabolism, and also to secrete pancreatic juices that are secreted via the pancreatic duct into duodenum. These functions of pancreas are important to the maintenance of overall health.
- Intestine: Within the lining of the small intestine there are numerous enzymes that function to further cleave the already-broken-down products of digestion into absorbable particles. The colon (large intestine) houses symbiotic bacteria that produce vitamin by-products and are essential to the human health and homeostasis. It is also where a liquid stool becomes solid, by losing its water, and electrolytes. The colon also actively secretes Potassium and bicarbonate, which explains why severe diarrhea can cause metabolic acidosis.
The advantage of plant-sourced enzymes is that quality control is assured and contamination is significantly reduced compared with animal sources. Natural plant enzymes are give high bioavailablitly and are readily acceptable to the digestive tract. Lamberts have selected enzymes that are largely resistant to degradation caused by the highly acidic conditions in the stomach so that may reach the small intestine where most digestion takes place.
A beige powder in a clear hard shell capsule.
Each capsule delivers:
Lipase 313 FIP, Amylase 5000 DU, Protease 4.5 10000 HUT, Protease 3.0 10 SAPU, Glucoamylase 9 AGU, Cellulase 200 CU, Bromelain 120000 PU, Papain 50000 PU.
*The enzyme activity is measured and expressed in Food Chemical Codex (FCC) units, the national standard for plant enzymes.
Capsule Shell (Hydroxypropyl Methylcellulose), Magnesium Stearate, White Rice Powder, Silicon Dioxide.
The following list of allergens are excluded: Wheat, Barley, Soya, Eggs, Milk (and milk products), Lactose, Nuts, Sulphites, Celery, Fish, Shellfish, Yeast and Gluten containing ingredients.
Take 1 Lamberts Digestizyme Capsule at the start of each main meal, up to 3 daily or as directed by a practitioner or pharmacist.
Disintegration Time: Less than 30 minutes.
- Keep away from children.
- Do not take if pregnant or breast feeding.
- Do not exceed the recommended daily dose.
- To be taken on the advice of a practitioner or pharmacist only.
- Food supplements should not be a substitute for a varied diet.
Lamberts Digestizyme Capsules should be stored in a cool dry place and protected from light.
Orders under £65:
Royal Mail £3.99 delivery within 1-3 working days from dispatch.
Orders over £65:
Free Delivery within 1-3 working days from dispatch.
UK delivery charges are charged at a flat rate. This means regardless of what you order, they will not increase. Standard UK £3.99 delivery is sent using the Royal Mail 1st Class Service and your order will be delivered within 2-3 days. Free UK delivery is sent either by Royal Mail 1st Class Service or via a Courier. For international deliveries please check ourpage.