Hipp Organic Follow on Milk is a nutritionally complete, gentle follow on milk which contains important Vitamins and Minerals that support the weaning diet (as required by law). During the first few months of life, breastmilk is recommended for your Baby because it contains everything they require for a healthy development. If breastfeeding is not possible then Hipp Organic Follow on Milk may be used to provide the Nutrients your baby needs to grow strong and healthy.
- Gluten Free.
- Certified Organic.
- Suitable from 6 months onwards.
- May complement the weaning diet.
- Also available in a smaller 500ml Bottle size.
- With vitamins A, C & D for the immune system.
- Contains iron for normal cognitive development.
- Includes Præbiotik (GOS) oligosaccharides obtained from lactose.
All the organic Ingredients used in Hipp Organic Follow on Milk are tested at every stage of production for purity and to ensure it is free of unwanted chemicals. It is also packed in a protective atmosphere too, and includes Præbiotik (Galacto-oligosaccharides/GOS) oligosaccharides obtained from lactose. GOS is thought to mimic the oligosaccharides found naturally in human breastmilk and may have beneficial effects for a healthy gut and the Immune System. Vitamins A, C & D also provide Immune Support, while Iron contributes to to normal cognitive development.
What is a Cow's Milk formula?
Many infant formulas are made with Cow's Milk, which have been altered to resemble breastmilk. Although an infant formula tends to be sweeter than Cow’s Milk, most baby Formula Milk is based on modified Cow's Milk but the protein in the milk is hydrolysed.
Milk can be divided into two different types of Protein, which are known as whey and casein (curds). Whey is quite watery, while casein is lumpy. The proportion of casein to whey can vary depending on the type of baby formula milk used.
There are two main types of Cow's Milk formulas, which include 'First Milks' and 'Milk for Hungrier Babies'. First Milks are simular to breastmilk, with a casein:whey ratio of 40:60. The soluble proteins are smaller in size and better absorbed than casein by baby. A Hungrier Baby Formula usually consists of mostly casein, which ensures your baby is kept fuller for longer because it takes longer to digest. It is therefore advised not to give this type of formula to a very young baby.
How might a Hipp Organic Cow's Milk formula benefit my baby?
The Hipp Organic range contains everything that the other major formula brands do, with the added benefits that come from using organic ingredients. These include making sure there are no pesticides used on the farms where the cows graze: babies are known to be more susceptible to the effects of pesticide residues so choosing an organic diet for babies is very important.
Like many Cow's Milk formulas, Hipp Organic contains the ingredients your baby needs to grow strong and healthy. These include Vitamins A, C & D, Iron and indigestible carbohydrates, known as Oligosaccharides. These are a source of dietary fibres, which support the growth of 'friendly' bacteria in your baby’s tummy. Hipp Organic infant milks also contain added omega 3 & 6 LCPs (DHA & AA).
***Cow’s milk is not recommended as a main drink for babies under the age of 1 as it’s lower in iron and nutrients, such as vitamin E. When your baby’s a year old, you can move him/her from a formula milk to cow's milk**
It is important to follow the instructions on the pack and to use only the special scoop provided in the pack when measuring out the powder. All feeding equipment should be thoroughly washed and sterilised before use. Make up each feed as you need it and use the feed within two hours. Discard any leftover milk.
- Wash hands and sterilise all equipment following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- Boil freshly run water and leave to cool for 30 minutes. Do not use artificially softened or repeatedly boiled water.
- Measure the required amount of water into a sterilised bottle.
- Using the scoop provided, add the correct number of scoops of powder – one level scoop of powder for each fluid ounce of water (approx. 30 ml). Level off the powder with the back of a clean dry knife, do not press the powder.
- Place the sterilised teat and cap on the bottle and shake well until all powder has dissolved (approx. 15 seconds).
- Cool to drinking temperature (approx 37°C) by holding the bottle under cold running water. ALWAYS test the temperature of the milk before feeding.
Heating up ready made milks:
- In a bowl of hot water – place the bottle in the hot water for no more than 15 minutes, as any longer could cause bacteria to develop. Seal the bottle with a cap over the teat while it’s in the water. Once the bottle is warmed through, shake it to make sure the temperature is even.
- In an electric bottle warmer – it will take around four to six minutes to heat a bottle to the perfect temperature.
- DON'T use a microwave – uneven pockets of scalding milk can form.
Each feed should be freshly made as powdered formula is not sterile. If it is necessary to prepare in advance, bottles should be stored as follows:
- Room temperature: use within 2 hours
- In a cool bag with an ice pack: use within 4 hours
- In the back of the fridge: use within 24 hours
Organic Partially Skimmed Milk, Organic Partially Demineralised Whey, Water, Organic lactose, Organic Vegetable Oils, Prebiotic Fibres (Galacto-Oligosaccharides from Lactose), Vitamin Mix [Vitamin C, Niacin, Vitamin E, Pantothenic Acid, Thiamin (Vitamin B1), Vitamin A, Vitamin B6, Riboflavin (Vitamin B2), Folic acid, Vitamin K, Biotin, Vitamin D, Vitamin B12], Emulsifier (Lecithin), Potassium Hydroxide, Sodium Citrate, Magnesium Sulphate, Iron Sulphate, Zinc Sulphate, Potassium Iodide, Sodium Selenite, Copper Sulphate, Manganese Sulphate, Contains: Milk
UK Postal Services:
UK delivery charges are charged at a flat rate. This means regardless of what you order, they will not increase. Standard UK £3.99 delivery is sent via Royal Mail and your order will be delivered within 2-3 days. Free UK delivery is sent either by Royal Mail a Courier.
Orders under £45:
Royal Mail : £3.99 delivery within 2-3 working days from dispatch.
Orders over £45:
Free delivery within 2-3 working days from dispatch.