1. Sauté the carrots, onion, celery and garlic in the Lucy Bee over a low heat. Start by stirring together well then cover the pan and allow to cook for about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are soft.
2. Add the cumin and curry powder and stir.
3. Add the black beans, tomatoes and water and stir together. Heat until it starts to bubble.
4. Simmer for approx 50 minutes, stirring occasionally to stop it from sticking.
5. Stir in the coriander and jalapenos if using.
6. Season with salt and pepper.
7. Optional - put into an oven-proof dish, top with grated cheese and place under a hot grill until the cheese starts to bubble.
Preparation Time: 10 minutes
Serves: 10 as a dip or 4-6 as a main dish with brown rice
Cooking Time: 1 hour
Gluten Free, Wheat Free, Lactose Free, Sugar Free, Dairy Free, Vegan, Vegetarian
- 1 large carrot, chopped
- 2 sticks of celery, chopped finely
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, chopped
- 4 tsp. curry powder
- 2 tsp. cumin
- 2 x 400g tins black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 x 400g tin of tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of water
- Handful of coriander, chopped
- Optional - a few jalapenos, chopped
- Optional - grated cheese (omit if wanting vegan and for dairy free, choose a lactose free option)
- 2 tbsp. Lucy Bee Coconut Oil
- Himalayan salt and ground black pepper to season