- Place the cashew nuts in a bowl, cover with cold water, then set aside to soak for at least 4 hours, or preferably overnight.
- Grease a 20cm spring form cake tin with margarine, sprinkle in the desiccated coconut, then give the tin a good shake so that it's evenly distributed.
- Place the dates in a bowl, cover with warm water, then leave to soak for around 10 minutes, or until softened. Drain and add to a food processor, then blitz to a rough paste. Add the almonds and hazelnuts, then blitz to a chunky crumb consistency. Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin, patting and smoothing it out evenly with wet hands.
- Give the food processor bowl a quick rinse, then drain and add the cashew nuts along with lemon juice, honey and coconut oil. Halve the vanilla pods lengthways, scrape out the seeds, then add to the processor, discarding the pods. Blitz until smooth and combined, then have a taste and add more honey if you think it needs it.
- Carefully pour the cashew mixture on top of the crumb base, smoothing it out evenly. Place the tin onto a tray, then gently tap it on a work surface to get rid of any bubbles. Pop in the freezer for around 2 hours, or until set.
- Meanwhile, make the strawberry drizzle. Hull and roughly chop the strawberries, then place into a bowl with the sugar and lemon juice. Leave for around 5 minutes to soak, then place in a liquidiser and blitz until smooth.
- When you're ready to serve, remove the cheesecake from the freezer, then allow to thaw slightly for around 10 minutes. Serve the strawberry drizzle alongside the cheesecake, then tuck in.
Preparation Time: 35 Minutes (plus soaking and setting)
Serves: 12 slices.
- 300g Cashew Nuts.
- Dairy Free Margarine (for greasing).
- 2 tablespoons Desiccated Coconut.
- 200g Pitted Dates.
- 150g Almonds.
- 100g Hazelnuts.
- Juice of 4 Lemons.
- 250ml Honey.
- 165ml Coconut Oil.
- 2 Vanilla Pods.
- 400g Fresh Strawberries.
- 1 & half tablespoons Caster Sugar.
- Juice of half a Lemon.
We sell a wide variety of the ingredients needed which can be found here.