Why is Blueberry Juice so good for you?
Blueberries are an all around good food for you. They are packed with anti-oxidants, phytoflavinoids, potassium and Vitamin C, and studies show they can lower the risk of heart disease and cancer.
How often can I take Blueberry Juice?
To gain the full benefits of blueberries, you really need to eat them at least four times a week, but having them daily is better.
The trouble is, blueberries are highly perishable, so unless you have them growing in your garden, having fresh blueberries on a daily basis could be a huge problem as it can be very expensive. That is why many people drink blueberry juice or take a supplement containing blueberries.
Some of the health benefits of blueberries include:
- They are a cancer fighting superfood bursting with antioxidants that fight cancer and other diseases.
- Have cholesterol lowering properties and promote heart health.
- Prevent macular degeneration.
- Promote urinary health.
- Have been called "brain food" and can help with Alzheimer's prevention.
- Anti-aging foods (of which wild blueberries are one of the best) can delay and reverse the signs of aging.
- Help protect circulatory health.
- Are an excellent anti-diabetes food, both in prevention and control of the disease.
- Are one of nature's perfect anti-inflammatory foods.
- Help to promote and maintain digestive health.
- Aid with weight loss and a healthy diet.